We do not permit the use of our services for actions or activities which, at our sole discretion, may be illegal, offensive, abusive or contrary to accepted internet norms or threaten our infrastructure. We will take any actions necessary to enforce these prohibitions, including those listed under the Suspension and Termination section below. The uses which are not permitted include but are not limited to the following:
We prohibit all uses of our services which appear to us at our sole discretion to be illegal under any applicable laws. This includes but is not limited to:
- Storage or transfer of illegal material, including material which it is illegal to transmit over a public telecommunications network.
- Involvement in fraudulent activities.
- Misuse of our or other computer systems.
We prohibit uses of our services which appear to us at our sole discretion to be offensive. This includes but is not limited to storing or transmitting any content or links to any content which we believe to be:
- Illegally pornographic.
- Excessively violent, inciting violence or threatening violence.
- Harassing or inciting hate of any person or group of persons.
- Violating the privacy of any person or group of persons.
- Promoting or soliciting illegal activities under any applicable laws.
- Exposing trade secrets, infringing copyright, trademarks or patents or assisting others in doing so.
- Unfair or deceptive under consumer protection laws.
- Creating a risk to safety, health or national security.
We prohibit all uses of our services which appear to us at our sole discretion to be abusive or contrary to accepted internet norms. This includes but is not limited to:
- Sending of unsolicited bulk/commercial email (spam).
- Excessive posting on web forums, news groups, chat services or IRC.
- Publishing of websites or other material which are separately advertised by techniques (including but not limited to spam) which we would classify as abuse if they were checked against this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Distribution of viruses, adware or other malware.
- Fraudulent collection of personal or financial data (phishing).
- Unauthorized access to or misuse of data, computer systems or networks.
- Unauthorized probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of computer systems or networks.
- Interference with service to other users of computer systems or networks, including denial of service attacks.
- Unauthorized interception or monitoring of network traffic.
- Transmitting fake or misleading network traffic, including forged IP packets or email headers.
- Any conduct likely to result in retaliation against us, including engaging in behaviour that results in a denial of service attack.
We prohibit all uses of our services which appear to us at our sole discretion to threaten our infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to:
- Usage which imposes excessive load beyond that expected from a typical server. For example, continuous high CPU or I/O use.
- Virtual server configurations with inadequate security, allowing unauthorized third party access.
- Attempts to circumvent our mechanisms for controlling, monitoring or billing usage.
You will ensure that all use of our services, whether by you or by any of your users, follows the Terms of Service. In addition, you will bind your users to an acceptable use policy containing all of the restrictions above.